If you're a musician or simply like to produce music, a great music editing apps is the best way to go about turning your recordings into well-produced masterpieces. Whether you're just a novice or a seasoned pro, a DJ or an acoustic guitar player, there's a music editing app for you!
Dec 31, 2019 The Best Audio Editing Software for 2020. Having trouble sorting out which digital audio workstation is right for your music or sound project? We've tested the most popular options to help you. Part 1: Best Free Video Editing Software for Mac Quick Comparison Table We’ve summarized the features, pros and cons of these best video editing software for Mac users in the comparison table below. You can choose the best suitable one based on your editing skills and needs at the current stage.
Apple includes their entry-level GarageBand music editing app with every new Mac. That means, if you're new to music or a hobbyist, GarageBand is where it's at. GarageBand uses the same Drummer digital session player as Logic Pro X (though to a lesser extent in terms of available sounds) and is the perfect app to help you start creating and mixing songs — especially if you're a super novice.
The interface is easy to use and though the app is powerful and full of controls, it's not overwhelming or as involved as some of the more professional audio editors.
You can upload your own recordings to GarageBand and mix them with the digital instruments, or you can create an entire song using just your recordings or just the instruments found in GarageBand. If you're not satisfied with the instruments available, you can also purchase instrument packs to get different sounds. Use iCloud to store your projects or share them with friends for collaboration. You can even start a song on your iPhone and then finish it on your Mac!
If you want to get into music production and also want to keep things convenient and within the Apple ecosystem, GarageBand is the best place to start.
- Free with new Macs or $4.99 - Download now
Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X is Apple's pro-level music editing software that still manages to be accessible to beginners. The powerful app has all the tools you could want for mixing, editing, and songwriting, with a massive library of instruments and effects. If you're looking to make polished, professional-sounding recordings, without a ton of complexity, then Logic Pro X is where it's at.
The 64-bit architecture supports projects featuring hundreds of tracks and instruments, so if you're a composer, it's like heaven. I have to say: As a drummer, I hate canned drum sounds. Logic Pro X's Drummer is top-notch when it comes to producing authentic acoustic drums sounds, and sometimes I actually can't tell the difference (I know, shame on me).
The app does come at a professional-level price, at $200, but if you're serious about music editing on the Mac and enjoy songwriting and composing on a grand level, it's easily one of, if not the best choice out there.
Don't wait any longer and download Asphalt 8: Airborne on your Mac for free. Install the Android Bluestacks Emulator and enjoy all the Google Play games and applications on your macOS system. Install the Android Bluestacks Emulator and enjoy all the Google Play games and applications on your macOS system. Asphalt 8 for Mac Free Download: Asphalt 8 for Mac is one most outrageous and spectacular racing app in which you can drive the world’s fastest cars. Download Asphalt 8 for Mac Free. With Asphalt 8 Mac app, the player will get into an adrenaline-pumping racing game. Asphalt 8 mac os.
- $199.99 - Download now
Pro Tools, by Avid, is one of the most popular music editing apps in the industry. It can be used to record, mix, master, and much, much more. You can lay down up to 128 tracks per session, with 32 inputs and over 60 plugins, and you can create an unlimited number of sessions.
Pro Tools is definitely not for the faint of heart and isn't necessarily an app you can just pick up and go with. I had to go to school to learn how to use it (before all these damn YouTube tutorials made school obsolete!). That being said, it isn't beyond the pale to learn the basics and get yourself up and running fairly quickly. Importing audio is as easy as dragging from the Finder window and placing it on the timeline (so long as your current session supports that file format).
From there, you can add a plethora of effects to your audio and edit it like mad, controlling volume, speed, pitch, tone, and much more. Honestly, the stuff you can do with Pro Tools seems just about endless. It is one of the most robust audio editing apps available, and is definitely for those looking to tackle things on a professional level.
That being said, if you have the cash, go for it, and learn all there is to know!
Pricing is what you'd expect: $24.92 per month with a 12-month agreement or $29.99 month-to-month, $599 to buy it outright.
For the performance DJ (or even the hobbyist, really) djay Pro has all the effects, compatibility, and mixing capabilities you could ask for. You can sample from iTunes and Spotify simultaneously, and you can even mix in video from the extensive video library for the ultimate experience.
You can mix from four decks and create mashups and transitions galore, and you can edit playlists on the fly, use external displays and AirPlay, and there's Pioneer CDJ/XDJ integration for even more versatility.
If you're a pro DJ or just want a fun way to mix at a house party, djay Pro's price might be its best selling feature, at only $40.
- $39.99 - Download now
Audacity is a free open source audio editing and recording software that lets you cut, copy, paste, and delete audio. It isn't exactly the most powerful when it comes to music editing, but if you're wanting to slap together some demo material or something like that, it's perfect. You can import audio in many formats, though for MP3, you'll have to install a separate, optional encoder library.
You can edit and mix a large number of tracks at once and even alter individual sample points, though you can't add effects or do any sort of mastering. Audacity may be better-suited to podcasting, but, like I said, if you're putting together demos or just need to create rough ideas, it's perfect, because FREE.
- Free - Download now
Are you a mixmaster?
What's your favorite music editing app for Mac? Are you a pro or is it more of a hobby? Let us know in the comments below!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
U.S. and Afghan forces successfully captured insurgents using an iPhone app
When their specialist kit failed, soldiers turned to an iPhone to get the job done.
If you love to listen to music and also enjoy customizing it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then there are lots of free music editing apps that will satisfy your needs. Regardless of your skill level, the music editing apps listed in this article will allow you to edit and create your music conveniently.
5 Best Free Music Editing Apps for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch)
1 TonePad - Free Music Editing App for iOS Devices
TonePad is a great music editing app that allows you to effortlessly make music according to your preferences. The app is simple to use as all you have to do is just touch the screen to make adjustment and perform edits.
- You can insert different sound patterns and nodes to create unique music.
- User-friendly interface of TonePad allows you to edit your music without any hassles.
- Adjust pitch level in your music creations according to your preference.
- You can create unlimited number of songs with this app. It also automatically saves your editing when you exit it.
- Share your edited music directly from TonePad to many social media platforms by performing simple steps.
2 Medly - Free Music Editing App for iPhone X/8/7/6/5/4
Medly allows you to edit your music in the most straightforward and efficient way on your iPhone. You can choose from eight fantastic instrument tracks to create superb music with this app. Furthermore, there are many effects and filters available for customization.
- You can easily break up songs into different sections with this app and then link them together to make loops.
- Up to 16 free instruments to choose from. Many more are available in the Medly Store. This, combined with numerous audio samples and recorded vocals, Medly provides endless opportunities.
- Upload your edited music to SoundCloud. You can share it as MIDI, audio, video, or Medly file.
- Connect Medly to other apps using Inter-App Audio, Audiobus, or play in time via Ableton Link.
3 Hokusai Audio Editor - Free Music Editing App for iOS 11/10/9/8
Hokusai is another music editing app that you can use to easily import or record a track and edit it just the way you want it. This app is quite popular because of the many features it offers.
- A wide range of special filters and effects that you can use to enhance your audio track.
- Redo and full undo support, providing you with the total freedom of editing or creating music tracks according to your desires.
- Edit your music by swiping. The optimized user interface of this app allows convenient editing experience.
- Plenty of other features such as fade-in, fade-out, normalize volume, changing echoes, resonance, etc.
4 GarageBand - Free Music Editing App for iOS Devices
GarageBand is one of the most popular music editing apps for iOS devices. This app offers a collection of Touch instruments to help you make music anywhere you go.
- Create new music as well as import your tracks and add effect within seconds.
- Use multi-touch gestures to play guitars or drums pleasingly.
- Various templates are already included in the app to make your editing simpler. Some of these templates include EDM, Hip Hop, House, etc.
- The audio unit extension feature allows you to conveniently mix, record, and play other musical instruments.
5 Music Maker Jam - Free Music Editing App for iPhone
Music Maker Jam offers several tools in a single package to help you piece together some musical tracks and even add in your own vocals in them if you like. While the interface of this app seems a little overwhelming at first, the tutorial overlay is helpful in explaining what you can do with this app.
- Up to 100 styles to choose from. Some of these styles include jazz, ambient, movie scores, house, techno, rock, trap, dubstep, drum and bass, hip hop, and funk.
- From saxophone samples to soul vocals, Music Maker Jam offers thousands of professional circles.
- Correct tempo, harmonies, as well as play your edited music with real-time effects.
- Upload songs directly to SoundCloud.
- Share your music with friends.
How to Transfer Edited iOS Music to Computer/iTunes
Editing and creating new music on your iOS device can be fun, but what if you want to listen to these songs on your computer? You can use iMyFone TunesMate to conveniently transfer your iPhone music as well as other types of media files to your computer and vice versa.
- Supports two-way transfer: from iDevice to Computer/iTunes and vice versa.
- Supports all types of media files including photos, music, videos, playlists, etc.
- Sync files without erasing your previous data.
- 1-Click rebuild damaged iTunes Library from your iOS device.
- It has been proved the best iTunes alternative in 2017.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world, such as Getintopc, Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, etc.
Here is how to do this:
Step 1: Click on Music tab, here you will see all the music files on your iDevice.
Step 2: Choose your edited music and click on Export>Export to PC(Mac) or iTunes, then you will be able to lisen to your edited music on your computer.