This wikiHow teaches you how to upload a Microsoft Word document to Google Docs in Windows and macOS. Go to in a web browser. If you’re not already signed in to your Google account, sign in now. It’s in the white rectangle near the top-left corner of the page. Click the File menu. Store, share, and access your files from any device. Your first 15 GB of storage are free. With Drive Enterprise, businesses only pay for the storage employees use. It comes with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides — and works seamlessly with Microsoft Office.
Google Drive is a cloud storage service by Google which allows you to backup photos, videos & files online to access them anywhere on any smartphone, computer or tablet. Google is still limiting the number of accounts that can access the service during its early days. Installing the 'Google Drive Desktop Application' on your Mac allows you to instantly sync your photos, videos & files on your hard drive to Google Drive & vice-versa. Mac os x 10.10 download free. Google Drive allows you to create a special folder (Google Drive folder) on each of your computers for storing the photos, videos, files & documents. Changes made to one Google Drive folder (on your computer) will reflect in other Google Drive folders (on other computers) as well. You can change the location of Google Drive folder. To change the location, click 'Advanced Setup' button. The 'Advanced Setup' option allows you to control your file syncing abilities. You can choose to have Google Drive automatically start every time when your Mac starts up.
Following are the steps to Install Google Drive on Mac:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, you will see a Google Drive home page.
- Click 'Sign In' button located at the upper right corner of the Google Drive welcome page.
- Enter your Google account information.
- You will see a message that 'You will be notified when Google Drive is available to you'. If you see this message, click 'Notify Me' button and Google will send you an email when the service is ready. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Click 'Download Drive for Mac' button located at the side bar of your Google Drive home page.
- Save the 'Google Drive installer file (i.e installgoogledrive.dmg)' to your computer.
- Open the installation file & drag the Google Drive icon into Application folder.
- Open Google Drive from your Applications folder.
- Login to your Google account.
- Click through the set up windows to create Google Drive folder on your computer.
- Launch Google Drive for your Mac from the toolbar.
- Drag files and folders into your Google Drive folder. All the files in your drive will be downloaded to this folder & any time you add photos, videos & files into this folder it will automatically uploaded to your Google Drive account.
- Google Drive desktop application will now be installed on your mac.
Note: While you will be able to access some files while offline, you will still need to be connected to the Internet to open Google documents.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
A standalone Mac wrapper for the suite of Google Drive applications: Doc, Slides and Sheets. Download Now
How to install
You can either compile it yourself, or just download a copy from releases. Transmission mac. Then drag to your Applications folder, and voila!
Copyright 2018 Phillip Caudell
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.